So we’ve been asked over and over again about drink specials. People want to be incentivized: given a reason to come out. As we explored happy hours and drink specials, we discovered some really weird laws/regulations in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. These laws are not all enforced, but for some reason are in the books.
LAWS THAT MAKE NO SENSE (Alcohol Related)
- It is illegal to give beer to hospital patients
- Candy may not contain more than 1% of alcohol
- Alcoholic drink specials are illegal
LAWS THAT MAKE NO SENSE (Non-Alcohol Related)
- Taxi drivers are prohibited from making love in the front seat of their taxi during their shifts
- Snoring is prohibited unless all bedroom windows are closed and securely locked
- Tomatoes may not be used in the production of clam chowder
- It is illegal to go to bed without first having a full bath
- All men must carry a rifle to church on Sunday
Why is it illegal to give a patient hospital beer? A cold beer after a surgery sounds perfect…
The BarUp app gives you a spot with a weekend feel on a weeknight. BarUp chooses bars, pubs and clubs of the night that feature drink and/or food specials to make it easier for you to focus on having a good time, not figuring out where to go. Available for iOS and Android.
Oh yeah, we’re having an 80s Dance Party.
FREE TICKETS: http://goo.gl/kKGYhn